Truffled Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, cooled, shelled & halved
- 3 tablespoons black or white truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large raw egg yolks*
- 1/2 cup delicate, buttery extra virgin olive oil, such as Manzanillo
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil or other neutral oil such as safflower or sunflower
- 1 large garlic clove
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
1 dozen cooked egg yolks reserved from hard boiled eggs
Prepare the hard boiled eggs.
While eggs cool, in food processor or blender, add egg yolks, garlic, and lemon juice. Slowly add truffle oil and olive oil and grape seed oil to form an emulsion. Season to taste and refrigerate.
With a fork, mash the dozen cooked egg yolks and blend thoroughly with 1/2 cup of truffle aioli. Add more to taste if desired. Pipe or fill the hard boiled egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Refrigerate until cool or up to 6 hours. Serve with finely chopped parsley or minced chives as a garnish.
Makes 2 dozen appetizer servings